Hi, I’m Bianka ⎯ the recipe developer, food photographer and writer behind Damn Spicy!
Here you’ll find a selection of both sweet and savory recipes from around the world that have been tested, developed, and eaten in my kitchen!
I’m so excited to have you here!
maybe you didn’t know…
I’m a Tequila-loving hedonist that’s always down for good food and adrenaline-inducing behavior.
Below is a picture of Guayaquil (check out the pretty flag) 💕.
I live for ripe mangoes, crazy parties, cheese empanadas, and that sticky-hot-big-city life.
how damn spicy came about…
I started Damn Spicy in 2020, that absolute dumpster fire of a year where the only thing you could was find something productive to do at home, right?
Food played a big role that year, turning into a bonding experience and a new hobby or skill for many people.
So I started sharing recipes, many of them being Small Batch Recipes since many were stuck at home and even celebrating the Holidays without friends and family (that’s how my 6-inch Pumpkin Pie came about).
Damn Spicy started growing really quickly but when I relocated to Ecuador in 2021 I took a bit of a pause where I learned Spanish (reached fluency in a few months, total brag), went through culture shock, lived, and fell in love with Guayaquil.
In 2023 I started full-time blogging, focusing lots of time, energy, and lbs on Damn Spicy and you guys. I love reading your comments and coming up with new recipes!
Damn Spicy was featured on Elle, Mashed, Food Gawker, and more!
bianka’s favorite recipes
- Ecuadorian Rice And Beans (Arroz con Menestra): my go-to dinner when I’m at home.
- Italian Cheese Bread: my nonna had this on the table at every major family gathering.
- Coconut Chicken: one of my best chicken recipes with a thick, creamy coconut sauce and lots of spices… just YES.
- Russian Chocolate Salami: my go-to dessert for when I’m in a rush (or have no oven lol).
- Creamiest Arroz Con Leche: my go-to comfort food, the Latin American version of rice pudding.
- Sweet Potato Fries with Aioli: these went viral and it’s because they’re honestly hella good.
If you have any questions regarding my recipes or are about to visit Ecuador (especially Guayaquil) and have questions, you’re always welcome to reach out!
Here’s my email: hello (at) damnspicy (dot) com.
If you’d like to work together, please check out my Contacts page!