Love Taco Bell’s Chicken Quesadillas? This Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Recipe is for you! It yields 4 warm, extra cheesy chicken quesadillas with tons of Homemade Taco Bell Jalapeno Sauce, enough for filling & dipping!
COPYCAT TACO BELL QUESADILLA RECIPE
HELLO BABES!! Today we’re making Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas at home! I *love* making these: they’re quick & easy to make, super cheesy, and with my recipe, you get enough Jalapeno sauce for filling *and* dipping!
So, get your tortillas out and let’s get started lol!
WHAT DOES TACO BELL PUT IN THEIR QUESADILLAS?
For their chicken quesadilla, they use grilled chicken, tons of cheese, and their signature jalapeno sauce! And flour tortillas, of course :).
WHAT IS TACO BELL’S QUESADILLA SAUCE MADE OF?
You need pickled jalapenos and pickled jalapeno juice (from the pickles, nothing fancy). Then, you want to mix equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream to make it slightly tangy and finally, you want to add in the spices. For spices, I use tons of cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika (regular paprika works too), cayenne, salt, and pepper.
I recommend adjusting the amount of salt according to your taste so taste the sauce before and after adding the salt! I like to use 1/2 tsp but you can start with 1/4 tsp and build up from there.
HOW SHOULD I COOK THE CHICKEN?
Allegedly, Taco Bell uses grilled chicken so you can totally use that! However, my favorite option is rotisserie chicken. OMG, it adds *so* much flavor it’s crazy!! Get a rotisserie chicken and cut it into small pieces. BOOM. Done!!
*Or* you can cook regular chicken breasts/thighs in a skillet. Super easy, it takes 10 minutes (on the stovetop). I do this whenever I don’t have time to get rotisserie chicken or already have chicken at home. I cook it in butter and add cumin, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper to it – YUM.
Grill it, get rotisserie chicken, cook it in a skillet, you can’t go wrong!
WHAT CHEESE IS BEST FOR QUESADILLAS?
Any good melting cheese, really. For Taco Bell quesadillas, I like using a mix of Gouda cheese (Monterey Jack works too) & Cheddar cheese!
You can also use Asiago, Swiss, or Oaxaca. Oaxaca would be the most authentic out of all the options because it’s what they actually use in Mexico.
Shredding your own cheese is always best (it melts way faster & tastes better) but pre-shredded or slices are okay! I sometimes use Cheddar slices to save time :P.
HAPPY QUESADILLA-MAKING!! 💘 Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
- Hot Honey Oven Fried Chicken With Buttermilk
- Meatballs In Beer Sauce
- Potato Churros with Queso Dip
Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeno juice from pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapenos minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the quesadilla
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded chicken I recommend rotisserie chicken for extra flavor but grilled chicken or chicken cooked on the stovetop will work too
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, jalapeno juice, minced jalapenos, spices, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce and chicken to another medium bowl, toss to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a flour tortilla, top with 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of chicken, and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack. Top with another tortilla and cook until the bottom tortilla is golden (about 1-2 minutes), then flip and cook until golden again (about 1-2 more minutes). Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Slice each quesadilla into wedges and serve immediately with remaining sauce for dipping!