These Coconut Cream Horns are light and airy like a cloud, made with puff pastry and coconut-flavored whipped cream. Ready in just 30 minutes, only 5 ingredients. You’ll feel like biting into a cloud! Try my Custard Cream Horns too!
Coconut Cream Horns
After all the love my Custard Cream Horns got, I decided to share another cream horn favorite: Coconut Cream Horns!
They’re made with puff pastry and stuffed with coconut-flavored whipped cream! They’re so quick and easy to make that you can make a batch on the spot as long as you have all the ingredients on hand and some cream horn molds (I use these)!
If you’re into simple desserts and coconut, you’re going to truly love these!
Why you’ll love these Coconut Cream Horns:
- Light and airy. The light puff pastry and fluffy filling, will make you feel like you’re biting into a cloud!
- Coconut flavor. If you love coconut, you’ll love the coconut flavored-whipped cream filling!
- Quick and easy to make, these cream horns come together in just 30 minutes and only call for 5 ingredients!
- Puff pastry. I like to use store-bought puff pastry but you’re welcome to make your own!
- Heavy cream. Make sure it’s cold or it won’t whip.
- Powdered sugar for sweetening the cream, you can also use it to dust the cream horns if you’d like!
- Shredded coconut. I like to use unsweetened finely shredded coconut for this recipe but sweetened will also work.
- Coconut extract. This is one of the key ingredients so make sure you’re using a high-quality extract for an authentic and bold coconut flavor. A lot of extracts are very mild but you really need a good quality one because it’s what will add most of the coconut flavor to the filling.
How to make Coconut Cream Horns
STEP 1: Cut the puff pastry into strips. If you’re using frozen puff pastry, you’ll need to thaw it and roll it onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 1-inch thick strips.
STEP 2: Assemble. Grab one of the strips of puff pastry and begin wrapping it around a cream horn mold (I use these) starting from the tip of the mold and working your ways upwards, making sure you slightly overlap the the puff pastry as you wrap.
STEP 3: Bake. Place the cream horns onto 2 non-stick baking sheets (or line both with parchment papers), making sure the cream horns aren’t touching and bake until puffy but still pale.
STEP 4: Make the coconut filling. In a large bowl, add the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and coconut extract. Whip until fluffy with firm peaks. Gently fold in the shredded coconut using a spatula.
STEP 5: Fill the cream horns. Transfer the coconut filling into a piping bag cutting off the tip when ready to fill the cream horns. There’s no need to use a metal tip unless you want a specific look (such as star), you can just cut off the tip of piping bag and use it. Fill the cream horns, top with more shredded coconut and powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
Can I make these ahead of time?
No, sorry! Cream horns are best eaten as they’re made. You want the puff pastry to be light and crispy and the filling to be perfectly fluffy.
If you were to make these ahead of time, the puff pastry would soften up and the cream would begin to deflate.
Can I store cream horns?
Ideally, you want to make these and enjoy them straight away as explained above but if you do have leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Keep in mind that the puff pastry will soften up and the cream will deflate and may even begin to separate.
HAPPY BAKING!! I hope you’ll love this Coconut Cream Horns recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
Coconut Cream Horns
- 12 cream horn molds (I use these)
- 1 sheet frozen puff-pastry (thawed)
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream (cold)
- 1/4 cups (60 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp coconut extract (or to taste, depending on the type and brand of extract you're using)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can skip the parchment paper if you're using non-stick baking sheets.
- Cut the puff pastry into strips. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 1-inch (2 cm) thick strips.
- Bake. Place the cream horns onto your prepared baking sheets, making sure the cream horns aren't touching. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffy but still pale and allow them to cool down to almost room temperature before removing them from the molds.
- Make the coconut filling. In a large bowl, add the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and coconut extract. Whip until fluffy with firm peaks. Gently fold in the shredded coconut using a spatula.
- Fill the cream horns. Transfer the coconut filling into a piping bag cutting off the tip when ready to fill the cream horns. There's no need to use a metal tip unless you want a specific look (such as star), you can just cut off the tip of piping bag and use it that way. Fill the cream horns, top with more shredded coconut and powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy