The best Breakfast Sliders Hawaiian Rolls! Loaded with homemade chorizo, creamy scrambled eggs, melty cheese, and jalapeños! Brushed with a honey topping, these sliders will instantly make your breakfast better!
Breakfast Sliders Hawaiian Rolls
These Breakfast Sliders are the definition of loaded and flavorful. They have homemade chorizo made with pork sausage and tons of spices, the creamiest scrambled eggs, tons of cheese, and jalapeños for some crunch, freshness, and heat.
They’re brushed with a butter and honey topping that gives them that perfect amount of sweetness that really ties everything together!
And while, yes, they’re perfect for breakfast, they’re also great as game day sliders, or as an appetizer or snack to feed a crowd on Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday parties, potlucks, or any event really!
Why you’ll love these Breakfast Sliders:
- Packed with flavor thanks to the spiced homemade chorizo, eggs, cheese, jalapeños, and honey butter topping!
- High-protein. These sliders are full of proteins, perfect to start your day and keep you going until lunch… or dinner!
- Easy to make! These sliders come together in just 5 simple steps.
- Make-ahead option. You can easily make these ahead of time and bake them in the morning to fit a busy schedule!
- Freezer-friendly. Pop any leftovers in the freezer for an easy-to-grab weekday breakfast!
- Hawaiian Rolls. This recipe has been developed for a 12-count package of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls but any rolls will work. I used homemade Hawaiian sweet rolls for mine (here‘s my recipe).
- Eggs for the scrambled eggs. My creamy scrambled eggs don’t call for any milk or cream so they will come together in just two minutes with minimal work and no extra ingredients.
- Pork sausage for the homemade chorizo. I love chorizo but I needed it to fit 12 rolls evenly so I used pork sausage to make a huge chorizo-flavored patty that would fit the rolls!
- Spices: paprika, cumin, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, coriander, black pepper. I recommend sticking to this combo because it gives you a chorizo-like flavor but you’re welcome to use your own blend of spices if you want to.
- Vinegar for the homemade chorizo.
- Cheese. I used deli sliced white cheddar but deli Pepper Jack would be another great option for even more flavor! I recommend using cheeses that melt easily.
- Jalapeños. Fresh. You can remove the seeds and membrane for less heat, if desired.
- Butter for topping the sliders and for cooking the scrambled eggs.
- Honey for topping.
How to make Breakfast Sliders Hawaiian Rolls
STEP 1: Make the homemade chorizo. Start off by creating the spice blend: add the paprika, cumin, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, coriander, black pepper, and vinegar to a small bowl and mix until combined. You’ll get a deep red paste.
Add the pork sausage to a medium bowl, add in the spice paste, and mix until combined. Place into a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper if non-stick), then place the pork sausage into your prepared baking sheet and press it into a rectangle shape. Bake.
STEP 2: Make the scrambled eggs. Add some butter to a large non-stick pan. Allow the butter to heat and sizzle. Once sizzling, pour the beaten eggs into the pan and immediately start swirling a spatula around the pan until small curdles begin to form. Then, start making long sweeps all across the pan until larger curdles begin to form.
When the eggs are creamy and still runny in some spots, turn off the heat, give it another quick stir, and set aside.
STEP 3: Cut the Hawaiian Rolls by slicing through the whole block of rolls to create a bottom layer and a top layer. Place the bottom layer into a baking dish.
STEP 4: Assemble the breakfast sliders. Melt the butter and honey in a small pot over low heat. To assemble the sliders, add the baked homemade chorizo to the bottom layer of the rolls, top with scrambled eggs, cheese, and jalapeños. Finally, add the top layer of the buns on top and brush with melted butter and honey. Pour the remaining butter and honey topping into the baking dish.
STEP 5: Bake until hot and the cheese is melted.
Can I make sliders ahead of time?
Yes! You can follow the recipe through step 2, then store the homemade chorizo and scrambled eggs in two separate air-tight container in the refrigerator overnight and follow the recipe from step 3 the next morning!
Can I store breakfast sliders?
Yes! You can store your breakfast sliders in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, simply microwave each slider until hot (about 1 minute from frozen, 30 seconds from refrigerator).
HAPPY COOKING FROM THE EQUATOR!! I hope you’ll love these Breakfast Sliders Hawaiian Rolls much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- The Best Grilled Cheese with Mayo
- Pan De Yuca (Ecuadorian Cassava Cheese Bread)
- Pumpkin Bagels
- White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding
Breakfast Sliders Hawaiian Rolls
For The Homemade Chorizo
- 1.5 lbs (700 g) pork sausage
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
For The Eggs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Assembling The Sliders
- 1 12-count package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (or any 12-count rolls)
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 jalapeños (sliced, optional: seeds and membranes removed)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Make the homemade chorizo. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Start off by creating the spice blend: add the vinegar, paprika, cumin, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, coriander, black pepper, and salt to a small bowl and mix until combined. Add the pork sausage to a medium bowl, add in the spice paste, and mix until combined. Place the pork sausage into a non-stick 9x13" baking sheet and press it into a rectangle shape. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Make the scrambled eggs. Add 1 tbsp of butter to a large non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Allow the butter to heat and sizzle. Once sizzling, pour the beaten eggs into the pan and immediately start swirling a spatula around the pan until small curdles begin to form (30 seconds). Then, start making long sweeps all across the pan until larger curdles begin to form (another 30 seconds). When the eggs are creamy and still runny in some spots, turn off the heat, give it another quick stir, and set aside.
- Cut the Hawaiian Rolls by slicing through the whole block of rolls to create a bottom layer and a top layer. Place the bottom layer into a 9x13" baking dish.
- Assemble the breakfast sliders. Add the butter butter and honey to a small saucepan over low heat, allow to melt, mix until smooth, then turn off the heat and set aside. To assemble the sliders, add the baked homemade chorizo to the bottom layer of the rolls, top with scrambled eggs, cheese, and jalapeños. Finally, add the top layer of the buns on top and brush with your prepared butter topping. Pour the remaining topping into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy