Make Russian Chocolate Salami this year for the Holidays! This eggless, no bake chocolate dessert looks like salami but tastes just like ultra fudgy chocolate cookie dough!
Russian Chocolate Salami Dessert
Hey babes, today I made you Russian Chocolate Salami or Shokoladnaya Kolbasa! This simple chocolate dessert doesn’t require any baking and it’s the perfect make-ahead dessert for the Holidays!
You can easily customize your Chocolate Salami by adding extra ingredients like crushed halzenuts, pistachios, pecans or a splash of rum, vodka, or brandy! I like to keep it simple with just crushed vanilla cookies 🙂
Russian Chocolate Salami is naturally egg-free which is one of my favorite things about this dessert because I’m not a fan of eating raw eggs (other versions of this chocolate salami, like Italian Chocolate Salami or Portuguese contain raw eggs).
Also, this recipe makes 2 logs because people tend to literally inhale this lol. I would recommend making 2 salami, and if you don’t get to serve both you can always keep the second one in the refrigerator or freezer to enjoy at a later time!
Chocolate Salami Origin
In Russia Chocolate Salami is called шоколадная колбаса, can you read it? 🙂 It says Shokoladnaya Kolbasa!
This dessert became popular in Russia (actually Soviet Union) because, at the time, people didn’t have many ingredients to choose from.
As a result, they started coming up with different types of desserts made with really basic ingredients like biscuits, cocoa powder, or condensed milk! Chocolate Salami is exactly one of those simple (yet delicious) desserts!
Another popular chocolate dessert made from simple ingredients (or, sometimes, leftovers) is Shokoladnaya Kartoshka which means “Chocolate Potato” and it’s basically a chocolate truffle/pastry! Maybe I’ll make that one as well! It’s super good 🙂
How do you store Chocolate Salami Dessert?
Store your chocolate salami wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
If storing in the freezer, allow the chocolate salami to warm up on the counter for a few minutes before serving.
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this delicious Russian Chocolate Salami dessert as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! 🌈💘
- Russian Jam Filled Cookies
- Puff Pastry Custard Cream Horns
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Chocolate Pretzel Tart
Russian Chocolate Salami Dessert
- 3.5 oz high-quality chocolate
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6.5 oz biscuits vanilla wafers or digestive, crushed
- Optional add ons: crushed pistachios, pecans, peanuts, hazelnuts, or a splash of rum, vodka, or brandy.
- Powdered sugar for decorating
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. You can do this on the stovetop over very low heat or in a microwave. Mix until combined.
- Add in the milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined and the sugar has dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool down to almost room temperature before moving onto the next step or the biscuits will get mushy.
- In a medium bowl, add the crushed biscuits. Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture out on plastic wrap and shape into a log, then roll up the paper and wrap it. Pop in the refrigerator and chill for 2 hours or until completely firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from the plastic wrap, roll in powdered sugar, slice & serve!