This delicious Baked Feta Dip with tomatoes, olives, onion, and spices is the perfect Mediterranean appetizer! Ready in under 25 minutes and packed with flavor!
Pair it with Greek Chicken Gyros, Greek Lemon Rice, and Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts for major Greek vibes!
Baked Feta Dip
This simple Greek appetizer is ready in under 25 minutes and is packed with flavor thanks to the cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, onion, and spices!
You can serve it with Pita bread or your favorite bread or crackers!
I love making this on hot summer days because it’s not heavy and the strong Mediterranean flavors are really refreshing!
Why you’ll love this Baked Feta recipe:
- Strong Mediterranean flavor. Nothing says Mediterranean as salty feta cheese, olive oil, sweet cherry tomatoes, garlic, onions, and oregano, to name a few of the ingredients of this dip!
- Quick and easy. This dip comes together in 25 minutes and 4 easy steps!
- Perfect for hot days. If summer makes you crave lighter dishes with some tang and zest, this is the perfect appetizer to satisfy your heat wave-induced cravings!
- All-Greek meal! Pair this appetizer with some Greek Chicken Gyros, Greek Lemon Rice, and Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts for dessert for major Greek vibes!
Baked Feta Dip Ingredients
Feta cheese. Since this is the star of the show, make sure you’re getting authentic Greek feta: sheep milk feta cheese! Do not use fat-free either. You want the real deal for good flavor and texture.
Olive oil for flavor. Make sure you’re using high-quality olive oil as cheaper brands usually taste very strong and bitter.
Lemon juice. I recommend freshly-squeezed. That’s what you’d use anywhere in the Mediterranean anyway.
Cherry tomatoes. You can use red or a mix of colorful cherry tomatoes if you want a fancier look.
Olives. I would recommend Kalamata olives to keep the Greek vibe but all olives will work for this.
Onion. I like to use white onion.
Garlic. Use fresh garlic for best flavor.
Oregano. I like to use dried oregano but fresh will also work though the flavor of fresh oregano is different from dry (still delicious).
Rosemary. Use fresh rosemary sprigs for best flavor.
Salt and pepper. If you have whole peppercorns, freshly ground is always best!
Red pepper flakes, optional. If you want a little heat, I recommend sprinkling a few in!
How to make Baked Feta Dip
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
STEP TWO: Prepare the tomato mixture. In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and red chili flakes (if using), and toss until combined.
STEP THREE: Assemble. Place the feta cheese into a small, rimmed casserole dish. Add the tomato mixture making sure the feta is sitting in the center of the dish and isn’t covered by the tomatoes. Top with fresh rosemary and extra black pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
STEP FOUR: Bake 15-20 minutes or until the feta has softened. Serve immediately with Pita bread, bread of choice or crackers.
Can I make this ahead of time?
No, sorry. This is an appetizer that’s supposed to be enjoyed as it’s made as feta hardens up as it cools down.
How do I store feta dip?
You can store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Keep in mind that the feta will go back to its original firm texture once cooled down and stored.
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love this Baked Feta Dip recipe with tomatoes and olives as much as I do! Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
More Greek Recipes you’ll love:
- Greek Fried Feta Cheese with Honey and Sesame
- Greek Chicken Gyros
- Greek Lemon Rice Recipe
- Greek Yogurt Chicken
Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- one 8-oz block (225 g) feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) Kalamata olives (Greek olives)
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Prepare the tomato mixture. In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and red chili flakes (if using), and toss until combined.
- Assemble. Place the feta cheese into a small, rimmed casserole dish. Add the tomato mixture making sure the feta is sitting in the center of the dish and isn't covered by the tomatoes. Top with fresh rosemary and extra black pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the feta has softened. Serve immediately with Pita bread, bread of choice or crackers.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @damnspicy on Instagram!
Perfect appetizer because it is soooo easy and soooo damn delicious! We loved the cherry tomatoes with Kalamata olives. Thank you!
Hi Carolyn, thank you for the feedback!! I’m so happy to hear that you guys loved this recipe!