This delicious Baked Feta Cheese With Tomatoes, olives, and spices is the perfect Mediterranean appetizer: ready in under 25 minutes, and absolutely packed with flavor!
BAKED FETA CHEESE WITH TOMATOES
This simple Greek appetizer is ready in under 25 minutes and is *packed* with flavor. You can serve it with your favorite bread or crackers. Pita bread would be the perfect option because #Greece but uhm… French baguettes? – YUM! Basically, any bread or cracker will do!
I *love* making this baked feta on hot summer days. It literally makes you feel like you own that villa in Mykonos. The great thing is that you don’t need to be in Mykonos to eat some real Mediterranean baked feta cheese. You can just make this and pretend you’re there (until you buy that plane ticket, that is lol).
So get your feta cheese out & let’s get started! 🙂
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST BAKED FETA CHEESE EVER
- Make sure you’re getting the right type of feta: sheep milk feta cheese is what you’re looking for. Not cow milk, that’s not real Greek-style feta :(.
- Stay away from fat-free feta, it won’t taste nearly as good. You need *alll* the fats to get that delicious flavor and signature texture that feta has.
- Use Kalamata olives. Please do it because regular black olives are not it. Kalamata olives are almond-shaped, plump, and packed with flavor!
- Use fresh ingredients. Fresh lemon juice from local lemons, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh rosemary, crack your own black pepper. Seriously, the secret is all in the quality of the ingredients so try to get your hands on as many fresh ingredients as possible!
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love this Greek appetizer as much as I do! Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE MY:
- Pan Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame
- Greek Lemon Rice Recipe
- Oh So Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- 1 8 oz block feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (Greek olives)
- 1/8 cup sliced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste - or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- Sesame seeds (optional, to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and cumin until combined.
- Place the feta cheese into a small, rimmed casserole dish. Add the tomato mixture, then top with fresh rosemary and black pepper. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the feta has softened. Serve immediately with bread or crackers.