A Greek classic: Greek Yogurt With Honey And Walnuts! This simple yet rich dessert is basically a big bowl of tangy Greek Yogurt drizzled with honey and topped with toasted walnuts. Creamy and rich, you can enjoy this baby for breakfast, or as a snack or dessert!
Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts
Today I’m sharing a breakfast favorite: Greek Yogurt with Walnuts and Honey!
The natural tartness of Greek yogurt is mixed with the sweetness of honey and the nuttiness of toasted walnuts making this breakfast creamy, rich, comforting and refreshing at the same time!
If you ever visit a Greek restaurant, you’ll probably find this on the menu as a dessert and yup, you can totally serve this baby as a dessert or snack, you won’t be disappointed!
I’ve enjoyed it tons of times after a huge Chicken Gyro and it was absolutely delicious! Simple yet satisfying! It’s now one of my go-to breakfasts! 🙂
- Greek yogurt. It’s essential that you use full-fat Greek yogurt for this recipe as it’s what really makes it worth it. You want all the fats and richness of Greek yogurt which is, in fact, way higher in fats, richer, and thicker than regular yogurt.
- Honey. I recommend investing in a jar of high-quality organic honey as it’s one of the key ingredients. Try to stick to a more delicate honey like thyme honey as to not overpower the yogurt.
- Walnuts. Make sure you’re using fresher walnuts, not the ones that have been sitting in the store for way too long as older walnuts taste bitter and would ruin your dessert! I recommend toasting the walnuts to really enhance their nutty flavor.
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! 🌈 You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 💕
Still Hungry? You may also like:
Greek Yogurt With Honey and Walnuts
- 2 cups (570 g) full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (85 g) high-quality organic honey or more to taste
- 2 tbsp (15 g) chopped walnuts or more to taste
- Toast the walnuts. Add the walnuts to a small skillet over medium heat. Toast for 5-6 minutes or until golden and fragrant. You can also use the oven for this step: simply preheat the oven to 350 F, place the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast for 5-6 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Add the honey. Transfer the walnuts to a small bowl, add the honey and toss.
- Serve. Divide the yogurt into 2 bowls for 2 portions and top with the honey walnut mixture. Serve and enjoy!