Delicious bites of Fried Feta Cheese With Honey and a crispy toasted sesame coating. Nutty, salty, and sweet: this elevated Greek appetizer is ready in just 15 minutes and is incredibly easy to make! Perfect for a hot summer night or just because!
FRIED FETA CHEESE WITH HONEY AND SESAME SEEDS
Greece knows what’s good. Really, Greek cuisine is IT. If you love feta cheese and savory-sweet combinations, you’re going to *love* these fried feta cubes! They’re small and dainty, nutty, salty, and sweet – YUM!!
To make these, you want to cut a block of feta into bite-sized cubes, dredge each cube through eggs, flour, and sesame seeds (in that order) and then fry all your prepared cubes in hot oil. I highly recommend drizzling them with honey right before serving, honey really takes them to the next level so don’t leave it out!
I know honey might seem a bit too much for some of you but give it a try, fried feta cheese with honey is something else!! 😉
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS DISH?
- 1 block of Greek-style feta cheese (*not* cow milk feta!)
- 1 egg
- All-purpose flour or glutinous rice flour for gluten-free eaters (I tested this recipe with both and they both work!)
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds (no need to toast them!)
- Vegetable oil for frying (I recommend peanut or sunflower)
- Liquid honey for drizzling
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love these Fried Feta Cubes as much as I do!
Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! 💘
OH, YOU COULD ALSO LIKE MY:
- Greek Lemon Rice Recipe
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Spicy Lebanese Potatoes
- Watermelon Salad With Feta, Mint And Cucumber
- Oh So Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame Seeds
- 1 8 oz block Greek feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or glutinous rice flour for gluten-free
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 6-7 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 4 tbsp liquid honey for drizzling
- Cut the feta into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add the egg to a small bowl and beat it. Add the flour (or glutinous rice flour), paprika, and black pepper to a separate bowl and give it a quick mix. Finally, add the sesame seeds to a third bowl. You should have three bowls: beaten egg, flour mixture, and sesame.
- Dip each piece of feta into the beaten egg until completely coated, then roll in the flour mixture, then dip back into the egg, and roll into sesame seeds. Place each prepared cube on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining cubes.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat, once it's hot add a few cubes of feta and fry the feta cubes in small batches until all sides are golden brown (about 2-3 minutes). Place the fried feta cubes on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.