Baked Feta Pasta requires no sauce or skill, it’s ready in 30 minutes, and it’s packed with flavor thanks to the roasted cherry tomatoes and salty feta cheese! It’s the perfect lazy dinner that tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen! Spice it up with some add-ins or make it on the stovetop if you don’t have an oven!
Baked Feta Pasta TikTok Recipe
Today I’m sharing with you a TikTok classic: Baked Feta Pasta! 🙂
This pasta dish is simply genius: no need to prepare a sauce or anything fancy, just throw the ingredients into a baking dish, pop it in the oven and your pasta will be ready in just 30 minutes!
It’s the perfect dish for lazy weeknight dinners, get-togethers, and pretty much any occasion where you need a delicious no-hassle recipe!
I’ll also provide a list of optional add-ins in case you feel like spicing up this recipe, so keep reading!
Baked Feta Pasta Ingredients
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Olive oil. You’ll need this for roasting the tomatoes, it’s one of the key ingredients so make sure you’re using a good-quality extra-virgin olive oil for best flavor! Please do not use other oils like sunflower, etc.
- Cherry tomatoes. You can use cherry or grape tomatoes, red or a mix of colored cherry tomatoes if you prefer! Select fresh cherry tomatoes for best flavor! Do not use tomato sauce, canned cherry tomatoes, or other substitutes – the result won’t be the same.
- Feta cheese. Get a block of goat milk feta cheese, I don’t recommend using crumbled feta cheese because it usually contains substances that may keep the feta from melting in the oven.
- Oregano. I recommend using dried oregano but you can also top this pasta with fresh oregano if you have it on hand!
- Garlic. Stick to fresh garlic cloves for best flavor, please don’t use garlic powder or flakes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pasta. Any pasta works: penne, rotini, rigatoni, elbow macaroni, cavatappi, etc. The only pasta I wouldn’t recommend using for this recipe is fettuccine or other egg noodles as they have a different texture and they typically absorb sauces very quickly which would result in a very dry pasta!
How to make Tiktok Baked Feta pasta
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Roast the tomatoes. Add the olive oil, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper to a baking dish, mix, and roast in the oven until the tomatoes have burst.
- Cook the pasta. While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Mash. As soon as the baking dish comes out of the oven, add in the fresh garlic and mash together the feta and tomatoes using a wooden spoon.
- Serve. I like to top this pasta dish with fresh basil and oregano!
3 tips for success
- Use high-quality ingredients. This pasta dish only uses 6 ingredients so it’s essential that you use fresh, high-quality ingredients for a good result!
- Make sure the cherry tomatoes touch each other when adding them to a baking dish! If your baking dish is too large, the tomatoes won’t touch and will dry roast and may turn out too dry to form a sauce later on. If you crowd the baking dish, you’ll get deliciously saucy roasted cherry tomatoes that will help keep your pasta nice and saucy!
- Save the pasta water in case your pasta ends up being a bit dry. You can add it in when mashing the tomatoes and feta to save the day! I usually don’t need to add water to my pasta but different brands of pasta absorb liquids differently so you might need it!
Baked Feta Pasta Add-Ins
If you’d like to spice up this recipe, here’s a list of great add-ins:
- Kalamata olives
- Shredded chicken or turkey
Can you use a different cheese for baked feta pasta?
Yes! You can use goat cheese to keep this pasta slightly tangy or other cheeses like mozzarella. You may need to adjust the baking time according to the size of the cheese you’re using.
If using mozzarella, keep in mind that the flavor will be completely different as mozzarella is very delicate while goat milk feta cheese has a strong, salty, tangy flavor.
Can you make baked feta pasta gluten-free?
Yes! I love using corn and rice pasta for this recipe 🙂 . Make sure to cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package and keep it al dente to avoid mushy pasta!
How to make baked feta pasta on the stovetop
Stovetop feta pasta can be made but it will taste slightly different since you won’t roast the tomatoes!
Simply add the olive oil, tomatoes, oregano, feta, salt, and pepper to a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the tomatoes have burst and the feta is hot (about 8-9 minutes).
Mix the ingredients together until the tomatoes break apart and the cheese melts and forms a sauce, then add the fresh garlic and finally add in the pasta! Mix and serve!
Can you freeze baked feta pasta?
I don’t recommend freezing this particular dish. If you have leftovers, you’re better of storing them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How do you reheat baked feta pasta?
Reheat the pasta in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot. It may be a bit drier when reheated so I recommend adding a splash of cream or milk to the dish to keep it nice and creamy.
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this Easy Baked Feta Pasta Recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
Still Hungry? You may also like:
- Haitian Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Ham and Peas Pasta
- Baked Pasta with White Sauce and Red Sauce
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Baked Feta Pasta TikTok Recipe
- 2 tbsp high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb (453 g) cherry tomatoes washed
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 8-oz block (1 225-g block) goat milk feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 8 oz (225 g) dried pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reserved pasta water
- Freshly cracked black pepper optional, to taste
- Roast the tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a large baking dish, add the olive oil, tomatoes, salt, and oregano. Toss until the tomatoes are evenly coated with oil. Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish, it should be surrounded by tomatoes and the baking dish should be crowded. Flip the feta a few times to coat it in oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst. Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package. I recommend cooking until al dente to avoid mushy pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- Assemble. As soon as the baking dish comes out of the oven, add the fresh garlic and use a wooden spoon to mix and mash until a creamy sauce starts forming. Immediately add in the cooked pasta, and serve. Top with fresh basil and oregano, if desired.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy