Last Updated on December 23, 2020 by Bianka
This Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken is juicy & packed with flavor! Coated with a delicious chicken rub, baked to perfection & smothered in Honey Dijon sauce, this oven baked chicken is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Hey loves! Today I’m serving Baked Honey Dijon Chicken for dinner & I wish you could smell my kitchen & dip your finger in this Honey Dijon glaze because it’s honestly out of this world.
If you’re a chicken lover like me, you need to try this asap because damn, it’s delicious. The chicken is super juicy & tender & packed with flavor thanks to the chicken rub & then glazed with a 2-minute Honey Dijon glaze.
Speaking of the devil, all you need to take your chicken to the next level is a chicken rub. YUP. You don’t need a marinade for this recipe, ain’t nobody got time for that. What you need my fav chicken rub made with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder (for extra heat) & obvi salt! I’m telling you, this chicken is GOOD.
Also, the Honey Dijon glaze comes together in no time: mix together honey, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, lemon juice & apple cider vinegar & then drizzle it everywhere. Like, literally everywhere. Feel free to twerk in it.
How to make Honey Dijon Chicken
- Make the chicken rub: simply whisk together the chicken rub ingredients listed in the recipe card down below & evenly rub the mixture all over your chicken.
- Bake the chicken: bake in a preheated oven until fully cooked through. This might take anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes depending on the cut you’re using & the quality of your oven. You might also need to flip your chicken once halfway through baking time! Chicken is considered safe when the internal temperature reaches 165F. Mine took 15 minutes in total 🙂
- Make the honey dijon sauce: while the chicken is baking, make the glaze by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. As soon as the chicken comes out of the oven, brush or drizzle the glaze all over the chicken & return the chicken to the oven. Bake or broil (broil if you like crispy) for another 1-2 minutes!
What goes with Honey Dijon Chicken?
- Potatoes ⏤ can I recommend my fav potato recipe? Try these Spicy Lebanese Potatoes!
- Oven roasted veggies ⏤ you can use any veggies & this recipe if you need some inspo!
- Sweet potato fries ⏤ tip: make more glaze & use it as a dip for your fries!
- Greek Lemon Rice, Spiced Somali Rice ⏤ or any rice dish! You can also cook a bowl of plain rice & serve it under the chicken!
- Egg noodles ⏤ great if you have a lot of sauce to use up, simply serve the noodles under the chicken!
- Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots ⏤ if you want even more honey goodness!
- Cauliflower-anything ⏤ wings, oven-roasted, cauliflower rice, casseroles!
- Fried Zucchini Flowers ⏤ great if you want something crispy & fun, zucchini flowers are available starting in June and through the summer!
- Salad ⏤ super healthy & refreshing, great if you want to balance out this dish with something lighter!
- Stuffing ⏤ great for the Holidays!
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
For the Chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
For the Chicken Rub
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 and 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder or more to taste
For the Homemade Honey Dijon Glaze
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together all the chicken rub ingredients, then add the chicken and evenly rub the chicken rub all over the chicken. Place the prepared chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-40 minutes or until fully cooked through. I recommend flipping the chicken once halfway through baking. Chicken is considered safe when the internal temperature reaches 165F. The amount of time may vary depending on the cut of chicken you're using and the quality of your oven. Mine was ready at 15 minutes (total).
- Meanwhile, make the honey dijon glaze. Simply mix together all the glaze ingredients. As soon as the chicken comes out of the oven, brush it with your prepared glaze, then bake or broil (broil if you like crispy) for another 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately!