Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables with caramelized outsides and juicy centers! This quick and easy veggie bake is the perfect side for any occasion!
Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
Sharing a major all-veggie dish today! These are Oven Roasted Vegetables with deliciously juicy centers and caramelized outsides, no sogginess in sight!
They go with pretty much anything so you can make a batch whenever you need a jolly side dish that’s good and healthy (bonus point).
The best thing about this veggie bake is that you can use whatever veggies you have on hand and always make new combos! For this one I used onions, eggplants, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and red bell peppers.
Why this veggie bake is special:
- Satisfying texture. Juicy centers and crispy caramelized outsides, these veggies are baked to perfection! I’ll give you all the tips to avoid sogginess!
- Use what you got! The best part about this recipe is that it always works, meaning you can add whatever veggies you have at home without the need of going out and get something specific. It’s convenient and allows you to always use what’s in season!
- Jolly side-dish. This side dish goes with anything, the key is to use veggies that work with the rest of your menu! Don’t know what to make?
- Quick and easy. Ready in under 1 hour and just 2 steps, this is truly easiest side ever! Perfect for busy or lazy days and in between the Holidays when you’re craving something healthy and are over cooking!
Veggies. I used onions, eggplants, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and red peppers but you can use whatever you have at home which is the best part of this veggie bake! Potatoes, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes, you name it, anything works!
Olive oil. Use high-quality olive oil for best flavor. Usually cheaper brands have a really strong bitter flavor that you really don’t need!
Salt and pepper. If you want to season your veggies a little more you can add dried oregano, rosemary, thyme or even Italian seasoning but I prefer just salt and pepper for this recipe (and I’m the biggest spice lover on Earth lol).
How to make Oven Roasted Vegetables
STEP ONE: Prepare veggie bake. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Place the prepared vegetables in a single layer onto a non-stick baking sheet. Do not overcrowd the pan or the veggies won’t caramelize but rather steam and turn out soggy. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP TWO: Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the veggies are done and are caramelized and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven and serve.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Not really. Roasted vegetables are best eaten as they’re made as they will soften up overtime.
How do you store roasted vegetables?
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350F (180C) until hot.
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love these Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
More veggie recipes you’ll love:
- Ecuadorian-Style Beans (Menestra Recipe)
- Sweet Potato Fries with Aioli Sauce
- Jalapeno Cream Corn
- Garlic Butter Green Beans
Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 2 onions
- 1 eggplants
- 8 oz (225 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 zucchini
- 1 red bell peppers
- Or any other vegetables you have on hand
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare veggie bake. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Place the prepared vegetables in a single layer onto a non-stick baking sheet. Do not overcrowd the pan or the veggies won't caramelize but rather steam and turn out soggy. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the veggies are done and are caramelized and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven and serve.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @damnspicy on Instagram!