Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables with juicy centers and deliciously crispy outsides! This easy and quick side dish is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas or any other occasion where you might find yourself craving some perfectly roasted veggies! Bonus point: get fussy eaters to *finally* eat their veggies with this simple recipe!
HEALTHY OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
HEY BABES!! Today we’re making oven roasted vegetables!
I love this recipe because it yields an entire pan of juicy veggies with perfectly crispy outsides. I’m not even a fan of veggies but look, this recipe makes me want to eat 5 pans of roasted veggies in a row, like really. Want to get someone fussy to eat something healthy? Make a pan of these!
Also, these oven roasted vegetables are perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or the Holidays in general where you might find yourself desperately craving for something healthy. It actually happens lol.
Oh, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients either, you can use whatever you have on hand: potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, eggplants, broccoli, you name it!
HOW TO ROAST VEGETABLES: TIPS & TRICKS!
- Always wash your vegetables with baking soda + water to get rid of dirt and pesticides. Fill a large bowl with tap water, then add 1 tsp of baking soda to the water, add your veggies to the bowl and let them soak for 1-2 minutes and rinse them off.
- Cut the vegetables evenly to ensure even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. The veggies should be sitting in a single layer. If you overcrowd the pan, the veggies won’t roast and caramelize and you’ll end up with soft veggies (basically steamed veggies).
WHAT IS THE BEST TEMPERATURE FOR ROASTING VEGETABLES?
400F BABY! Potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, fresh or frozen, whatever, always set your oven to 400F to get juicy veggies with crisp and caramelized outsides.
Lower temperatures won’t give you those nice crispy outsides, your veggies will taste and look more like regular steamed veggies! Nothing wrong with steamed veggies, but if you’re trying to roast them, that’s not what you’re looking for.
HOW TO USE ROASTED VEGETABLES
If you ask me, serving this gorgeous pan of freshly roasted vegetables as is, is the way to go but you can also add them to bowls, salads, and soups. Pasta salad is my favorite way to re-use leftover roasted veggies: I just make some pasta and toss in the veggies and top it with crumbled feta cheese – YUM!
You can also use roasted red bell pepper to make my favorite Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta!
HEY, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Spicy Lebanese Potatoes (Batata Harra Recipe)
- Hot Honey Oven Fried Chicken With Buttermilk
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- cherry tomatoes
- red bell peppers
- Or any other vegetables you have on hand
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash vegetables with baking soda + water, rinse them off, then slice them evenly to ensure even cooking.
- Place vegetables on a non-stick baking sheet without overcrowding it, they should sit in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can add dried oregano, rosemary, or thyme for extra flavor!
- Bake for 20-40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. I usually bake them for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!