This Jalapeno Cream Corn is rich, creamy, and a little spicy! Ready in just 10 minutes, this delicious jalapeno creamed corn is the perfect side dish for any occasion, from regular weeknights to Holiday dinners.
Jalapeno Cream Corn
Today I’m sharing with you this easy Jalapeno Cream Corn Recipe!
It’s rich and creamy, with a lil’ heat from the minced jalapenos! You can easily adjust the heat by adding or removing the seeds and membranes of the jalapenos (leave them out of less heat, add them in for more heat).
It’s super quick and easy to make but *so* good on top of being a great way to spice up creamed corn!
Let’s get started!
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Corn. You can use fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned corn for this recipe. I usually stick to canned as it’s quicker and easier. If you do use canned corn, make sure to place it into a colander and rinse it under running water to remove as much of the liquid as possible (it’s mostly preservatives and other substances).
- Jalapenos. Add the seeds and membranes for more heat, or remove both for less heat, then mince the jalapenos!
- Heavy cream. Please stick to heavy cream for best flavor and texture.
- Butter. I recommend unsalted butter.
- Sugar. Optional!
- Salt and pepper. To taste. I like to use freshly cracked black pepper for extra flavor and heat.
- Milk. I recommend full-fat for extra richness but low-fat will work too.
- Flour or glutinous rice flour. You can use all-purpose flour or glutinous rice flour if you’re gluten free. I tested both options and I like both. Glutinous rice flour is also known as sweet rice flour and can be purchased on Amazon (they carry Mochiko which is one of the most popular brands) or at your local asian grocery store.
How to make jalapeno cream corn
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Prepare the corn. Add the corn, jalapenos, heavy cream, butter, sugar (if using), salt, and pepper to a skillet. Stir to combine and cook.
- Whisk together the milk and flour or glutinous rice flour. Make sure the flour or glutinous rice flour has dissolved before pouring the mixture into the skillet or you may end up with lumpy creamed corn. Pour the mixture into the skillet and mix.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened and the corn has cooked. Cooking time may vary depending on whether you’re using fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned corn. If you’re in a rush, use canned corn.
Can you store cream corn?
Yes! You can store your jalapeno cream corn in an air-tight container or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I don’t recommend freezing.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. You may need to add a splash of cream or milk to keep it from becoming too thick.
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love this Quick and Easy Jalapeno Cream Corn as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
Still Hungry? You may also like:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- The Best 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- Haitian Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Fries with Aioli
Jalapeño Cream Corn
- 10 oz (290 g) corn kernels canned, fresh, or frozen and thawed (I used canned)
- 2 fresh jalapenos minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (14 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp white granulated sugar or to taste, optional
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour or glutinous rice flour if gluten-free
- Prepare the corn. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, jalapenos, heavy cream, butter, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Whisk together the milk and flour or glutinous rice flour until the flour has dissolved, then pour the mixture into the skillet and mix until combined. Cook stirring often for 5-6 minutes or until the corn has cooked and the sauce has thickened. Cooking time may vary depending on whether you're using fresh, frozen, or canned corn. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply