This Chicken Fritters Recipe makes perfectly tender, cheesy, and flavorful chicken fritters: truly the best ones you’ll ever have! Ready in less than 1 hour and so easy to make! Dip them in sour cream or your favorite sauce to take them to the next level!
Russian Chicken Fritters
Today I’m sharing with you this delicious Chicken Fritters Recipe! These chicken fritters are tender, cheesy, and packed with flavor. They’re ready in under 1 hour and are so incredibly easy to make!
I truly believe these are the best chicken fritters ever, try them and let me know what you think! 🙂
You can dip them in your favorite sauce/dip but they’re also great with just sour cream!
Let’s get started!
- Chicken. I recommend using skinless, boneless chicken breasts for this recipe but fillets will work too.
- Eggs for structure.
- Mayonnaise. For flavor and extra structure (mayonnaise is made out of eggs!).
- Flour or cornstarch if you’re gluten-free, both will work and they help the fritters hold up better!
- Cheese. I like Gouda cheese but you can also use mozzarella cheese or another melty cheese of your choice. I recommend grating it at home but pre-grated (if not coated with anti-agglomerating substances that will keep it from melting into the fritters will also work).
- Salt and pepper.
- Vegetable oil for sauteeing the fritters.
How to make chicken fritters
- Prepare the chicken fritters batter. Dice the chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Combine the chicken with the eggs, mayo, flour or cornstarch, cheese, salt, and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight. I’d say 2 hours is the sweet spot if you have some extra time on hand.
- Fry. Add 1 tbsp worth of your prepared chicken mixture to a hot skillet greased with oil, pat it down and saute flipping it once. Work in batches of 3-4 fritters to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
Make-Ahead Instructions: follow step 1, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the chicken fritter batter in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, take it out, and fry (step 2).
Storing Instructions: store any leftover chicken fritters covered or in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Reheating Instructions: reheat leftover chicken fritters in a skillet over medium heat until hot (165 F).
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love these Cheesy Chicken Fritters as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
More Chicken Recipes You’ll love:
Chicken Fritters Recipe
- 1/2 lb (225 g) chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (55 g) shredded Gouda or mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra light olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare the chicken. Dice the chicken into small bite-sized pieces (about 1/3" inch or 0.8 cm). In a ziplock bag, combine the diced chicken with the eggs, mayo, flour or cornstarch, cheese, salt, and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Fry the chicken fritters. Add 1 tbsp worth of your prepared chicken mixture to a hot skillet greased with oil, pat it down using the back of a spoon or a spatula and saute flipping it once. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Work in batches of 3-4 fritters to avoid overcrowding the skillet.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy