These Baked Cordon Bleu Roll Ups are ultra crispy, filled with Swiss cheese + ham and served with a deliciously spicy marinara sauce! They’re easy to make (just 5 ingredients and 6 steps) and are perfect as a main for a cozy night in or as a snack for parties and game nights! This recipe is naturally Gluten-Free!
Baked Turkey Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
HELLO BBS!!! Today I made you these Baked Cordon Bleu Roll Ups with marinara sauce: crispy, cheesy & ridiculously delicious!!
I’ll explain right away what makes these baked cordon bleu *SO* freakin good: basically they’re rolled in crushed cornflakes instead of regular breadcrumbs & drizzled with olive oil. When baking, the olive oil sizzles and fries the cornflake coating making it *ULTRA* crispy!! I’m telling you, there’s no need to fry these, they’re not boring or soggy!
They’re filled with ham (but you can totally use smoked turkey if you’re not into ham) and Swiss cheese (Gouda will work too). No chicken breasts on hand? Use turkey instead! I made these with turkey and they were just as delicious! See how easily customizable this recipe is?!
I served these with my favorite spicy marinara sauce which really adds some extra fun to this dish! Cordon Bleu are usually served with a much tamer sauce (Dijon sauce) but like… I need that kick in my life!! If you love spicy, give this marinara sauce a try, you’ll love it!!
How Do You Make Cordon Bleu From Scratch?
- Flatten the chicken or turkey breasts to 1/4 inch thick.
- Top with ham or smoked turkey and cheese.
- Roll up the cordon bleu into a log and pinch the edges together to seal then wrap each log in plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Dip and roll each cordon bleu in the beaten egg, then roll in the crushed cornflakes.
- Bake until golden.
What Side Dishes Go With Cordon Bleu?
Cordon bleu is rich and cozy so I would recommend sticking to a light side like:
- Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Spicy Lebanese Potatoes
- A simple salad
- Or your favorite roasted veggies
Can You Store Cordon Bleu?
Cordon bleu is best eaten on day one but it can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a day.
How Do You Reheat Cordon Bleu?
Heat the oven to 325F and reheat your cordon bleu until fully heated through (5-10 minutes).
You can also reheat it on the stovetop: simply place a skillet over medium heat and reheat until fully heated through (5-10 minutes).
Do not use the microwave or the coating will turn soggy!
HAPPY BAKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this easy pretzel crust as much as I do!
Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! 💘
OH! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Hot Honey Oven Fried Chicken With Buttermilk
- Meatballs In Beer Sauce
- Easy Healthy Chinese Lemon Chicken
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
Baked Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or turkey breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices ham or smoked turkey
- 4 slices Swiss cheese or Gouda
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups corn flakes crushed
For The Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 15 oz can high quality tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste, omit if you don't want your sauce to be spicy
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Lay a chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound the chicken to 1/4" thick. You can use a meat mallet or a rolling pin to pound the meat.
- Remove the top layer of plastic wrap and place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese over the chicken breast. Roll up into a log and pinch the edges of the chicken breast to seal. Wrap the log in plastic wrap. Repeat this process with the remaining chicken breasts, then place the wrapped logs in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the corn flakes to a food processor and pulse until the corn flakes are reduced to small crumbs. Add the crushed cornflakes to a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, add the egg and beat it. Then preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap each cordon bleu, and season it with salt and pepper. Roll it into the beaten egg, then into the crushed cornflakes and place it on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining cordon bleu.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the corn flake coating is golden and the internal temperature measures 165F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spicy marinara sauce. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, once the oil is hot, add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Lower the heat to medium-low and add in the tomato sauce, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook for 5-10 minutes, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Remove the cordon bleu from the oven and serve with your marinara sauce for dipping
Leave a Reply