Make Creamy Gnocchi Gorgonzola with just 3 ingredients ⏤ no cream or milk required! Ready in just 5 minutes, this delicious gnocchi recipe is rich, cheesy, and comforting, perfect for regular weeknights or the Holidays!
Today I’m sharing with you how to make the creamiest Gnocchi Gorgonzola you’ve ever had with just 3 ingredients!
This Gnocchi Gorgonzola recipe is cheesy, comforting, and incredibly creamy but doesn’t use milk or cream which makes it lighter than most gnocchi gorgonzola recipes out there.
It’s ready in just 5 minutes ⏤ yes, *five* minutes! So it’s the perfect option for when you have no time or energy but still want to eat something cozy and delicious.
It’s also a great Holiday recipe as you can easily make a big batch for your family and friends in no time!
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Gnocchi. Use fresh gnocchi, you can find them in the fresh pasta section of your grocery store. Use gluten-free gnocchi for gluten-free eaters as regular gnocchi aren’t gluten-free.
- Butter. Stick to unsalted butter to have more control over the amount of salt in the sauce (gnocchi doesn’t need to be salted unless the package says so). Do not use oil, the sauce would turn out too greasy.
- Gorgonzola. Use “Gorgonzola Dolce” for this recipe: the soft, creamy one with not much mold/green – this is essential! Other types of gorgonzola have different textures and they won’t work for this recipe (for example Gorgonzola Piccante or other types of blue cheese won’t work). For reference “dolce” means “sweet” in Italian, while “piccante” means “spicy”.
How to make gnocchi gorgonzola
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Make the sauce. You want to do this first because gnocchi cooks very fast and you want the sauce to be ready to go! Melt the butter until hot, then add the gorgonzola dolce and use a spoon to mix and mash the cheese until fully melted and creamy. While the cheese is melting, cook the gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water according to package instructions. Be very careful with gnocchi as it cooks incredibly fast. Gnocchi is ready when it floats to the top of the saucepan, once it’s floating drain it immediately to keep it from overcooking. Overcooking gnocchi is possible! Overcooked gnocchi gets mushy and easily falls apart when tossed with the sauce 🙁 .
- Serve. Toss the gnocchi with the sauce (if you want to add any add-ins, you can do that now) and be very gentle when tossing since gnocchi is very fragile. Serve immediately topped with parmesan or freshly cracked black pepper.
Gnocchi gorgonzola is delicious by itself but here’s what you can add to spice it up:
- Sauteed Italian Radicchio (my favorite option)
- Sage leaves
- Baby spinach
What to serve with gnocchi gorgonzola:
As an appetizer, I recommend these sticky Meatballs in Beer Sauce, these flaky Pumpkin Twists with Puff Pastry, or these cheesy Turkey Sliders with Smoked Paprika Butter.
As a side, I recommend some veggies to keep the meal balanced! These Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables are my go-to option but I also love these tender Smoked Green Beans!
As for dessert, I recommend this fluffy Vanilla Swiss Roll, these Homemade Cannoli to keep the Italian fantasy going, or this make-ahead Russian Chocolate Salami for a quick, no-bake chocolate fix!
Can I store gnocchi gorgonzola?
Yes, but I wouldn’t recommend it. You’ll have to reheat it until fully heated through which means the gnocchi will inevitably overcook and turn mushy while the sauce will lose some of its creaminess.
You’re better off cutting the recipe in half. If necessary, store the leftover gnocchi in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Reheat until fully heated through, adding a splash of milk or cream to loosen up the sauce if needed.
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love this Creamy Gnocchi Gorgonzola Recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
More comforting recipes you’ll love:
- Brie Mac and Cheese
- Baked Pasta with White Sauce and Red Sauce
- Cheesy Spinach Spaetzle
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 g) unsalted butter
- 6.5 oz (185 g) Gorgonzola dolce
- 1 16 oz package (1 453 g package) fresh gnocchi use gluten-free for GF eaters
- Make the sauce. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the butter until fully melted, then add the gorgonzola dolce. Using a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula, mix and mash the cheese until fully melted and creamy. While the cheese is melting, cook the gnocchi.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water, according to package instructions. Be very careful with gnocchi as they cook incredibly fast. Gnocchi is ready when it floats to the top of the saucepan, once it's floating drain it immediately to keep it from overcooking.
- Serve. Toss the gnocchi with the sauce and be very gentle when tossing since gnocchi is very fragile. Serve immediately topped with shredded parmesan or freshly cracked black pepper.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy
A crowd pleaser! I had no idea that making gnocchi gorgonzola could be this simple! Thank you!!