This Brie Mac And Cheese is ultra creamy and comforting, with a delicate Brie flavor! Ready in just 25 minutes, this recipe is quick and easy to make, no oven required! Great for crowds, Holiday dinners, or lazy weeknights.
Brie Mac And Cheese
Today I’m sharing with you this Brie Mac and Cheese recipe!
This mac and cheese is ultra creamy and cheesy but delicate and comforting at the same time.
It’s quick and easy to make: ready in just 25 minutes, no oven required! This makes it a great Holiday or special occasion recipe (you can double it, triple it or whatever you need to have more servings).
You can also spice it up with add-ins if you desire, I’ll provide a list of fun add-ins down below! 🙂 .
Let’s get started!
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Pasta. I used orecchiette pasta but you can definitely use any pasta: from elbow macaroni to fettuccine.
- Butter. Stick to unsalted butter to have more control on the amount of salt you use.
- Flour. You’ll need all-purpose flour for the roux aka the base of the sauce!
- Milk. Full-fat, skimmed, both will work. Make sure the milk is room temperature for best results.
- Dijon mustard. This is optional but it does add some extra flavor to the sauce! Please stick to the amount of mustard called for to keep it from overpowering the Brie.
- Garlic powder. Garlic flakes will also work but make sure to use less as they’re typically stronger than powder.
- Nutmeg. For extra flavor.
- Brie. I recommend removing the rind before adding it to the sauce as it may not break down completely during the cooking process which would result in a lumpy sauce. There’s no need to cut it into small dices before adding it to the sauce as Brie is very soft and will melt very easily so simply chop it into a few chunks.
- Salt and pepper. I do recommend freshly cracked black pepper to elevate the flavor of this dish but ground will work too.
How to make Brie Mac And Cheese
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce. Melt the butter, add flour, and cook until golden and toasted (this paste is called “roux” in French). Pour in the milk, mustard, garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Mix and cook until the sauce starts to thicken. Add in the Brie, mix until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened up. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Assemble the dish. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss until combined. Serve immediately!
Spice up this dish by adding one or more of these add-ins:
- Gouda cheese
- White cheddar
- Gruyere cheese
- Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- Fresh oregano
How do you store mac and cheese?
Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven, microwave or on the stovetop until fully heated through.
You may need a splash of milk or cream if reheating your mac and cheese on the stovetop.
Can I freeze Brie mac and cheese?
No, Brie doesn’t freeze well so please do not freeze this dish.
What to serve with this recipe?
- Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken With Onions
- Sweet Potato Fries with Aioli
- Savory Pumpkin Twists With Puff Pastry
- Baked Cordon Bleu Roll Ups
- Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this Stovetop Brie Mac And Cheese Recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
Still Hungry? You may also like:
Brie Mac And Cheese
- 8 oz (225 g) any pasta I used orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp (28 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz (225 g) Brie cheese rind removed, chopped into chunks
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Prepare the sauce. Add the butter to a medium pot over medium heat, once the butter has melted completely, add in the flour. Mix until combined and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and toasted. Pour in the milk, mustard, and garlic powder and keep cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until the milk is hot and the sauce starts thickening. Add in the Brie cheese, keep stirring, then reduce the heat to low. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, while stirring constantly, for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and the sauce has thickened.
- Assemble the dish. Add the pasta to the pot and toss with the sauce until combined. Serve immediately topped with more black pepper and/or red pepper flakes, if desired.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy
Loved it!!! Thank you!