Baked Brie with caramelized onions: warm, creamy & extra cheesy. Serve with bread or crackers of choice, this easy baked Brie recipe will be your new Holiday favorite!
Baked Brie with caramelized onions
HEY BABES! Today we’re making baked Brie with caramelized onions! If you ask me, this is *the* Holiday appetizer and if there’s a cheese lover in da house, you know they’re gonna gravitate towards this beauty in like 1 sec.
I mean, Brie cheese and caramelized onions? If you love cozy, creamy, and flavorful, this is *it*.
This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make but it tastes so expensive. Like, top-notch-Paris-restaurant expensive. And if you’ve been to Paris, you know the vibe. Trust me, you need this baked Brie on your Holiday (or weeknight) table!
Tips to make the best baked Brie
- Olive oil can be substituted with butter *or* you can do 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp unsalted butter.
- The onions can be prepared 1-2 days ahead. If you do make them ahead of time, make sure to cover them and store them in the refrigerator.
- Wine can be substituted with water or broth if desired.
- If your Brie comes in an oven-safe box, you can leave the Brie in the wooden box and place the box on the baking sheet, no parchment paper required!
- Serve your baked Brie immediately! Brie tends to set pretty quickly once it’s out of the oven so make sure people are ready to start eating!
- If you have leftovers, you can reheat them in the microwave until warm and creamy.
What to serve with it
- Lots of bread or crackers! I recommend French baguette slices but any bread or cracker will work!
- Pepper jelly. I have a pepper jelly recipe here! If you love sweet & spicy, this one’s definitely for you!
- Apple or pear slices.
HAPPY COOKING BABES!! I hope you’ll love this delicious baked Brie as much as I do! Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
HEY, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Pan Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame
- Meatballs In Beer Sauce
- Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth/water
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 16 oz Brie cheese
- French baguettes or crackers for serving
- In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onions and saute until translucent (about 5-6 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1/4 cup dry white wine and stir until wine evaporates completely (about 2-3 minutes). Sprinkle onions with brown sugar and saute until brown, then add the remaining 1/4 cup wine and stir until wine evaporates again. Remove from heat.
- Unwrap Brie and slice off the top rind of the cheese. Place Brie rind side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top Brie with caramelized onions and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with French baguette slices, crackers, and extra toppings if desired.