Make these simple Spinach Spaetzle With Cheese Sauce for dinner! This quick & easy 3-ingredient dish is super cheesy, comforting & green! Ready in just 5 minutes, perfect for whenever you crave a cozy & cheesy dinner.
Spinach Spaetzle with Cheese Sauce
Hello, hello babes!!! It’s December 1, the Holidays are in full swing & I’m here to bring you this extra cheesy & cozy classic German dish: (spinach) Spaetzle with Cheese!
Spaetzle is kinda like gnocchi but instead of potatoes, it’s made with just flour, eggs & spinach! I usually get the spinach variety because it’s a sneaky way to eat some extra greens + I love how fun it looks but you can totally make this dish with regular Spaetzle (the simple flour & eggs variety)!
You can find German spaetzle in the fresh pasta section of your store (where you can also find gnocchi)!
Once you have your spaetzle, all you need is butter & blue cheese! Get some high-quality blue cheese (a creamy one) to really take this dish to the next level. I promise nobody will rat you out and accuse you of using store-bought Spaetzle, they’re just SO good 😛
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this cozy & simple dinner as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! 🌈💘
- Simple Cream Cheese Garlic Pasta
- Creamy Ham and Peas Pasta
- Meatballs In Beer Sauce
- Creamy Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Spinach Spaetzle With Cheese Sauce
For the Spaetzle
- 16 oz fresh spinach Spaetzle or regular Spaetzle
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz high-quality blue cheese go for a super creamy blue cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Pecorino Romano cheese freshly grated
- Red pepper flakes
- Caramelized onions
- Cook the Spaetzle according to the package instructions. (I usually add some water to a medium pot, bring it to a boil and add some salt, then I add the Spaetzle. I cook mine for just 1 minute). As a rule of thumb, you should cook your Spaetzle until it's floating and tender, just like gnocchi, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is sizzling, add the Spaetzle and blue cheese, then season with ground black pepper to taste. Cook stirring constantly until the cheese is melted. Serve & top with Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, red pepper flakes, or caramelized onions.