This Simple Cream Cheese Garlic Pasta is incredibly creamy + cozy, and comes together in just 10 minutes! With just 5 ingredients, this delicious pasta will literally steal your heart. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or any time you find yourself craving a comforting pasta dish!
CREAM CHEESE GARLIC PASTA
OH HELLO! Today I’m sharing my go-to “I don’t have time for this” pasta. This simple cream cheese garlic pasta comes together in 10 minutes, has only 5 ingredients, and is *so* freakin delicious: it’s creamy, cozy, and garlicky!
I love this pasta. I really do. It’s simple but so good. If you’re a beginner, it’s a great recipe to wow your guests without actually putting in any effort lol. You can’t fail!
And if you’re not a beginner, you definitely need this super quick save-the-day pasta in your recipe box. It’s perfect for lazy weeknight dinners, whenever you’re in a hurry, or whenever you crave a delicious 10-minute pasta!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR CREAM CHEESE PASTA?
- Garlic. Minced.
- Olive oil.
- Cream cheese. I recommend using regular cream cheese but lactose-free cream cheese will work too, I’ve tested lactose-free options and the pasta sauce was good, not as rich but still good, I’d make it again!
- Parmesan cheese. I recommend grating your own Parmesan cheese at home. Store-bought grated cheese contains tons of additives to keep it from clumping and unfortunately, those additives can make it difficult for the cheese to melt 🙁
- Pasta water. Yes, really!
- Salt & Pepper.
- Red pepper flakes. This is optional but if you love spicy food, I definitely recommend adding some heat to this pasta!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAM CHEESE GARLIC PASTA?
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Saute the garlic in hot olive oil until soft and fragrant.
- Make the cream cheese sauce by combining cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and pasta water.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and stir until combined. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes & serve immediately!
So easy, right?!
HAPPY COOKING BABES!! I hope you’ll love this cream cheese garlic pasta as much as I do! Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
OH! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Easy Zucchini Fried Rice
- Spicy Lebanese Potatoes (Batata Harra Recipe)
- Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
Cream Cheese Garlic Pasta
- 8 oz pasta I like spaghetti for this recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated, I recommend grating it at home
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional, 1/4 tsp or more
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Before draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil until hot, add the garlic and saute until fragrant (about 2-3 minutes). Stir in the cream cheese and pasta water. Mix until fully combined, then add in the parmesan cheese and mix until combined. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, you can add more water (doesn't have to be pasta water). Season with salt and pepper and 1/4 tsp (or more) red pepper flakes (if desired). Serve immediately!