This Easy Pretzel Pie Crust comes together in just 15 minutes and is perfect for all your cheesecakes, pies, and tarts! It’s buttery, salty, and deliciously crunchy!
EASY PRETZEL PIE CRUST
HELLO BBS!! Today I’m sharing this Easy Pretzel Pie Crust Recipe with you. This crust literally comes together in 15 minutes and all you need is pretzels, butter, and maple syrup!
It’s perfect for all your cheesecakes, pies, and tarts! I actually just made one of these to use as a base for my Chocolate Pretzel Tart and OMG – it’s *so* freakin good. I had people over and I was literally about to pop the leftover tart back into the refrigerator when my guests offered to just eat the remaining slices. I was like “Oh… okay”. Scream inside your heart, right?
Anyway, this crust is perfect for both baked and no-bake desserts so it’s super versatile! You can also make it into a gluten-free pretzel crust by simply using gluten-free pretzels instead of regular pretzels!
PRO TIP: all pretzels work! I used sticks but mini twist pretzels will work too!
Take a shot for every time I used the word pretzel today and let’s get started lol!
4 TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Use salted pretzels otherwise you’ll miss the point of making a pretzel crust dessert! We want that delicious salty-sweet combo, right?! That’s why we’re using pretzels!
- Crush the pretzels until you get a sand-like mixture with a few bigger crumbs. I like doing this with a food processor because it’s quicker but you can also do this using a ziplock bag and a rolling pin!
- For baked pies, you can pour the filling into the crust when it’s still warm.
- For no-bake desserts, allow the crust to cool down to room temperature before adding the filling!
DO YOU HAVE TO BAKE THIS PRETZEL PIE CRUST?
Yes, even if you’re making a no-bake dessert! Just for 10-12 minutes though! I highly recommend doing this as the crust will set and get extra crunchy. It’ll also develop a nutty, brown butter flavor that is absolutely delicious!
If you skip this step your crust might absorb part of the filling and get soggy *or* the bottom of the crust might get integrated into the filling – big no for me!!
HAPPY BAKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this easy pretzel crust as much as I do!
Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! <3
OH! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Chocolate Pretzel Tart
- Best Mochi Brownies
- 5 Ingredient Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Crispy Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Pretzel Pie Crust Recipe
- 4 cups salted pretzel (mini twists or sticks) use gluten-free pretzels for GF eaters
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter cold, diced
- 1-2 tbsp water cold
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crush the pretzels until you get a sand-like mixture with a few bigger crumbs. You can use a food processor or a ziplock bag and a rolling pin for this step!
- Add the butter and maple syrup to the crushed pretzels and mix (or pulse) until the mixture comes together to form small clumps.
- Add in 1 tbsp of water and mix until the mixture comes together. Add an extra tbsp of water if necessary. Form into a ball.
- Press the pretzel mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or tart tin using the back of a spoon or a bottom of a glass to get a smooth crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. For baked desserts like baked cheesecakes and pies, you can add the filling to the crust when it's still a bit warm. For no-bake desserts, allow the crust to cool down to room temperature before adding the filling.