Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta ⏤ juicy caramelized cherry tomatoes splashed with vinegar & sprinkled with oregano, encased in a crisp pastry topped with salty feta cheese! This savory Tarte Tatin is the perfect appetizer for a summer party or a cozy Valentine’s Day date night!
Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta
Hey babes! Today I broke da rulez (I usually only share seasonal recipes) to bring you this Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatine With Feta Cheese and OMG was it worth it!!!!
This savory tarte tatin comes together in less than an hour & is the perfect alternative to regular pizza. Not that pizza is boring pero like, this baby require a lot less time & effort & it’s SO freakin good!
It’s made with caramelized cherry tomatoes splashed with vinegar, dusted with oregano & black pepper encased in a crisp pastry (no sogginess around here bby) & topped with crumbled feta!
It’s fun, it’s pretty, & it’s SO easy to make! Perfect for parties, summer nights, OR Valentine’s Day (simply use a heart-shaped mold to turn this tart tatine into the star of your Valentine’s Day dinner!).
How to make this Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin
As usual, you’ll find the full recipe card (with instructions + ingredients) down below, but this is what to expect:
Start off with washed cherry tomatoes, cut them in half & place them in a 8-inch non-stick pan.
I recommend using non-stick pans because they do a great job at keeping the tarte tatin from sticking but as you can tell from the process pictures, I used a regular baking pan lined with parchment paper & it worked just fine! Still, if you have a non-stick one, just use that one.
Season your tomatoes with sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and dried oregano. Bake until all the sugar has melted completely (5 minutes is usually enough, keep in mind that you’ll have to bake the finished tart tatine for another 30-40 minutes!).
We’ll use a simple all-butter puff pastry for the crust! I like to use storebought puff pastry for this one! Cut your all-butter puff pastry into a 9-inch disc, place it on top of the tomatoes & tuck the edges into the pan. Use a fork to poke the puff pastry to keep it from puffing up in the oven!
Bake until the crust is golden. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Be careful when inverting your tarte tatin because you might spill some tomato juice during the process!
Top with crumbled feta & serve immediately!
I love this with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc!
Also I usually inhale the whole thing. This means that you can also make one of these for yourself & eat it while watching your favorite show. Kinda like pizza, but fancier.
HAPPY BAKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this delicious Caramelized Tomato Tarte Tatin as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! 🌈💘
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Pan Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame
- Greek Lemon Rice Recipe
Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes washed
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 14 oz package all-butter puff pastry
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half then place them in an 8-inch non-stick pan. Season the tomatoes with sugar, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Bake for 5 minutes or until all the sugar has melted.
- Meanwhile, cut the puff pastry into a 9-inch disc. Top the tomatoes with the puff pastry as soon as they come out of the oven. Tuck the edges into the pan and bake for another 30 minutes or until the crust is puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, cut into wedges, and serve immediately!