Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta ⏤ juicy caramelized cherry tomatoes encased in a crisp pastry topped with salty feta cheese! This savory Tarte Tatin is the perfect appetizer for a summer party or as an alternative to pizza! Make it heart-shaped and turn it into a romantic Valentine’s Day appetizer!
Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta
Today I’m sharing with you this Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin Recipe!
It’s made with caramelized cherry tomatoes splashed encased in a crispy golden pastry, and topped with crumbled feta cheese.
It comes together in just 40 minutes and is the perfect alternative to pizza. I also love it as an appetizer on a sticky summer night as it’s light and refreshing but packed with flavor.
If you want to make it extra special, make it into a heart-shaped tarte tatin by using a heart shaped cake mold! This little tricks make sit perfect for Valentine’s Day or a date night!
Let’s get started!
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Cherry tomatoes. Since they’re the main ingredient, make sure you’re using high-quality cherry tomatoes!
- Sugar. Trust me on this one! I know sugar may seem a little over the top but it’s there to help with the caramelization process so don’t skip it.
- Salt and pepper. I like using freshly cracked black pepper for best flavor!
- Oregano. I recommend using dried oregano but you can definitely use fresh oregano for topping.
- Olive oil.
- Apple cider vinegar. For extra flavor, don’t skip this ingredient!
- Puff pastry. Please stick to all-butter puff pastry for this recipe.
- Feta cheese. Use goat milk feta cheese, not cow milk! Cotija may also work!
How to make this Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Caramelize the cherry tomatoes. Wash and cut the tomatoes in half, then place them in a pan lined with parchment paper. I used a round 8 inch pan but you can also use an 8 inch heart shaped pan for some fun! Season the tomatoes with sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, oil, and vinegar. Bake until the sugar has melted and the tomatoes have caramelized.
- Assemble the tarte tatin. Cut the puff pastry into a 9 inch disc (or heart if using a heart shaped pan). As soon as the tomatoes come out of the oven, top them with the prepared puff pastry and tuck the edges into the pan, then poke it with a tooth pick or a fork to keep it from puffing up in the oven.
- Bake until the puff pastry is golden and crispy, allow to cool down for 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate, top with crumbled feta and serve! Be careful when inverting the tarte tatin as you may spill some tomato juice during the process!
Can I store tomato tarte tatine?
Tomato tarte tatine is best eaten as it’s made but you can store if necessary. Simply store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, keep in mind that the puff pastry will turn soft overtime.
You can eat it cold or reheat it in the oven or in a skillet on the stovetop.
HAPPY BAKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this delicious Caramelized Tomato Tarte Tatin as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! 🌈💘
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Pan Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame
- Greek Lemon Rice Recipe
Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin with Feta
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes washed
- 2 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 14 oz package all-butter puff pastry
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half then place them in an 8-inch non-stick pan. Season the tomatoes with sugar, salt, black pepper, dried oregano, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Bake for 5 minutes or until all the sugar has melted.
- Meanwhile, cut the puff pastry into a 9-inch disc. Top the tomatoes with the puff pastry as soon as they come out of the oven. Tuck the edges into the pan and bake for another 30 minutes or until the crust is puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese, cut into wedges, and serve immediately!