Make this Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte to boost your energy and focus! This healthy Matcha latte is ready in 2 minutes and it’s a great alternative to coffee! Sweet & earthy, Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte is anti-inflammatory & high in antioxidants!
Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte
Hey loves! Starting 2021 with a healthy energy boosting drink: Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte!
I’m excited to be sharing this quick and easy Matcha Latte recipe with you because it tastes delicious & it’s a great alternative to coffee (I can’t have coffee, hence why I made this Dalgona without coffee a while ago)!
Matcha is high in caffeine, l-theanine & antioxidants and it boosts energy & focus! It’s a lil gem, if you’ve never had it before, I recommend giving it a try!
And if you love delicate, earthy and sweet drinks, you’ll love this Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte! Also, this latte is SO freakin aesthetically pleasing, it’d look great on your IG feed, just sayin.
What is a Iced Matcha Latte?
Iced Matcha Lattes contain 3 simple ingredients: milk (any will work), matcha powder and sugar (or your fav sweetener) & are served over ice.
Today we’re going to be making Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte so this recipe contains 1 more ingredient: vanilla bean!
What does a Matcha Latte taste like?
High-quality Matcha powder tastes earthy, slightly bitter, nutty, and sweet. Basically, Matcha tastes like Matcha lol. It has a very complex yet pleasant flavor & the best way to know what it tastes like is to try it lol!!
Matcha Latte is a more delicate version of regular Matcha tea: it’s milky with a sweet green tea taste. This recipe in particular uses vanilla so your Matcha will be slightly sweeter & with a hint of vanilla flavor to it! It’s one of my favorite drinks.
If you’ve heard people say “Matcha tastes like grass” they probably had low-quality Matcha powder or added way too much Matcha to their drink. When buying Matcha, it’s important to make sure you’re getting high-quality Matcha powder. Also, never add more than 1 tsp of Matcha for 1 cup of milk (or water), you only need a teeny tiny bit of this stuff.
But it don’t taste like grass, trust me lol.
Is Matcha Latte better than coffee?
Matcha latte boosts energy and focus without leaving you with that caffeinated jittery feeling. It’s high in antioxidants, caffeine & l-theanine. It’s also anti-inflammatory so it has ton of great benefits!
So yes, Matcha latte is the perfect alternative to coffee. If you’re sensitive to coffee like me, I recommend trying Matcha instead! I honestly love it & I can finally enjoy a caffeinated drink like the rest of the world lol. If you’re sensitive to caffeine though, it might not work for you because Matcha contains high levels of caffeine.
But I personally love the earthy & sweet flavor of Vanilla Matcha Lattes & I find 1 tsp of matcha to be an amazing focus booster. Way better than coffee in my opinion so I encourage you to give it a try & experiment with it!
Is it good to drink Matcha every day?
Matcha is healthy & safe when consumed in a safe way: try to stick to 1-2 cups of Matcha per day. Too much of anything is never a good idea! Also, you only need 1 tsp of matcha powder per cup of water/milk!
To make sure you’re getting the best Matcha, look for certified organic Matcha powder. It’s a bit more expensive but so worth it!
Does Vanilla go well with Matcha?
Oh hell yes lol! Vanilla goes SO well with Matcha, especially Matcha Lattes! I like to use vanilla beans for this recipe but you can also use Vanilla syrup!
So if you’re wondering what to add to Matcha to make it taste better, vanilla is your best option!
How to make Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte?
As usual the full recipe card with the ingredients will be down below but this is what to expect! 🙂
- In a small cup, combine hot water, Matcha powder, vanilla, and honey or maple syrup. Use a milk frother or a small whisk to whisk the ingredients together until smooth. You can also use a blender for this step!
- Add a few ice cubes to your favorite glass or jar. If you want a hot Vanilla Matcha Latte, skip this step!
- Add milk to your jar. You can use any milk: dairy or plant-based! I love my Matcha with soy or coconut milk but any will work. Stir until combined!
- Pour in the Matcha mixture and stir until fully blended! Enjoy!
HAPPY MATCHA MAKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this Healthy Iced Matcha Latte with Vanilla as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
- Homemade Dalgona Coffee Without Coffee
- Healthy Chocolate Orange Oatmeal
- Custard Cream Horns
- Russian Jam Filled Cookies
Iced Vanilla Matcha Latte
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp high-quality organic Matcha powder
- 1/2 vanilla bean scraped
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup dairy or plant-based milk any milk will work
- In a small cup, add the hot water, Matcha powder, vanilla bean and honey or maple syrup. Using a milk frother or a small whisk, whisk the ingredients together until fully combined and smooth. You can also use a blender for this step. Set aside.
- Add the ice cubes to your favorite cup or jar, then add the milk. Stir to combine, then pour in the Matcha mixture. Stir and enjoy!
This was great! Thank you. I added my homemade mint syrup to it and it turned out perfectly.