Last Updated on September 27, 2020 by Bianka
Creamy and smokey Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: this Hummus is incredibly quick & easy to make and oh-so-delicious! It’s perfect as a fun dip for your date nights, bbqs, game nights, and weeknight dinners!
OH SO EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
HELLO BBS!! Today I’m here to share with you one of my all-time favorite dips (or spreads?): Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. This recipe is quick & easy and makes about 12 servings so it’s perfect for date nights, game nights, or any other occasion where you might need a tasty dip!
I love this hummus with tortilla chips or pita bread but you can also serve it as an accompaniment to raw or roasted veggies, grilled or oven-fried chicken, grilled fish, and – of course, falafel! If you love toppings you can go wild and top your hummus with tomatoes, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, olives, pine nuts, or even hard-boiled eggs!
If you’re a fan of hummus & spices, you absolutely need red pepper hummus in your life! I honestly prefer it over regular hummus because it’s packed with flavor and a lil spicy! And like… that bright orange?! Instagram material!!
Get your chickpeas out and let’s get started!! lol
WHAT IS RED PEPPER HUMMUS MADE OF?
- Roasted red bell peppers. You can roast your own peppers or use jarred red peppers (in that case, drain them well before using)
- Lemon juice
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
HOW DO YOU MAKE ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS FROM SCRATCH?
- Peel the chickpeas. This step is optional but if you want your hummus to be super smooth, you *have* to peel them!
- Roast the red peppers in a 400F oven, place them into a ziplock bag to steam then peel them. Don’t skip this step! If you leave the skin on, your hummus will turn out very bitter.
- Puree all the ingredients together using a food processor. Pulse until you get a thick paste. You can thin it out with 1 tbsp of water if desired but I personally like my hummus thick. Keep pulsing for a super smooth and creamy hummus.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve!
WHAT DO YOU EAT RED PEPPER HUMMUS WITH?
- Tortilla chips or crackers.
- Pita bread, focaccia, naan, or your favorite flatbread.
- Oven-roasted vegetables for a healthy dinner!
- Raw veggies for a fun crunch.
- Spicy Lebanese potatoes.
- Potato Churros
- Oven Fried Chicken With Buttermilk.
- Grilled fish.
- Pretend it’s mayo!
- Use it as a salad dressing.
- As a filling for deviled eggs.
- Use it in a sandwich or wrap.
- Make a hummus toast instead of an avocado toast!
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love this Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus as much as I do!
Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! 💘
OH! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Baked Feta Cheese with Tomatoes
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
- Pan Fried Feta Cheese With Honey And Sesame
Oh So Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 red bell peppers washed
- 30 oz chickpeas drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon) or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or more to taste
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash the bell peppers and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until soft and charred. While they're still hot, place them into a ziplock bag to steam. After 10 minutes, peel, stem and seed. Skip this if using jarred red peppers but drain your jarred peppers before moving onto the next step!
- Chop the roasted red peppers and add them to a food processor, add in the chickpeas and pulse several times. Add in the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, and smoked paprika. Pulse until the mixture turns into a thick paste. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. For a thinner hummus, add in 1 tbsp of water (or more).
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and top with diced red peppers, chickpeas, red pepper flakes, or your favorite toppings. Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.