Make this creamy Olive Dip with just 3 ingredients! Simple but so good, this dip is a crowd-pleaser! Ready in 5 minutes – serve it hot or cold, pair it with your favourite crackers or bread, and watch it disappear!
The best Olive Dip Recipe Ever
Today I’m sharing with you how to make the best Olive Dip ever with just 3 simple ingredients!
It’s creamy and flavorful, perfect for special occasions, game nights, and the Holidays!
People always end up inhaling it (even when offered other dips and appetizers), so make sure you make enough because this tends to be everyone’s favorite!
You can also make it hot and/or use it as a sandwich spread, bagel spread, or as a spread for your next grilled cheese!
Let’s get started!
- Olives. I used regular green olives. I recommend getting a high-quality brand for best flavor. You can also use black olives but the flavor will be different. If you like spicy dips, you can also use olives with pimento or simply add some red pepper flakes later on.
- Cream cheese. Any cream cheese will work! I recommend using room-temperature cheese as it’s easier to mix and combine with the mayonnaise.
- Mayonnaise. Feel free to use your favorite mayonnaise for this recipe.
How to make Olive Dip
- Chop the olives. I like to chop them into small pieces with a knife (it doesn’t take longer than 5 minutes) but you can totally use a food processor for this step, just make sure to use short pulses and check after each pulse to keep the olives from becoming a paste.
- Make the dip. Mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise until fully combined, then add in the olives. Cover with plastic wrap and chill to allow the flavors to bloom.
- Serve. Remove the dip from the refrigerator and allow it to come down to almost room temperature before serving for best texture and flavor.
Can I make it hot?
Yes! Simply place the prepared dip in a baking dish and bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Can I make it in advance?
Yes! I recommend making this dip 1 day ahead of time for best flavor and texture.
Can I store olive dip?
Yes, store your olive dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Do not freeze olive dip as it doesn’t freeze well.
HAPPY COOKING!! I hope you’ll love this quick and easy olive dip recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
More appetizer recipes you’ll love…
- The Best 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
- Oh-So-Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
The Best Olive Dip Recipe
- 9 oz (255 g) green olives
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115 g) mayonnaise
- Chop the olives into small pieces. You can do this with a knife or a food processor. Use short pulses and check after each pulse if using a food processor.9 oz (255 g) green olives
- Make the dip. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and mayonnaise until fully combined, then mix in the olives. You can add red pepper flakes to taste to make the dip spicy. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to bloom.8 oz (225 g) cream cheese, 1/2 cup (115 g) mayonnaise
- Serve. Remove the dip from the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before serving for best texture and flavor.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy
Leave a Reply