Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by Bianka
Make Smoked Green Beans at home! This simple 3-ingredient recipe will take your green beans to the next level! Buttery, tender, and smoked, perfect for fancy weeknights, Holidays, and special occasions!
The Best Smoked Green Beans
Hey! Today I’m sharing with you this Smoked Green Beans recipe!
If you want to level up your green beans, all you need is a good smoker and lots of butter! 🙂
These green beans are tender, buttery, and smoked, and they go very well with many meat mains!
This recipe is perfect for the Holidays or any special occasion where you might need a spiced up version of a classic side dish, but with minimal effort!
Full measurements included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Green beans. Fresh, washed, and trimmed!
- Butter. I recommend using high-quality butter since it’s the key ingredient and I also recommend sticking to unsalted butter for more control over the amount of salt. You’ll have to melt the butter prior to using it, you can do that on the stovetop or in the microwave!
- Salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings for green beans!
How to make smoked green beans
Step-by-step instructions included in the recipe card below 🙂 .
- Preheat the smoker. I *love* this smoker. It’s electric and it comes with 3 smoking racks which means you can smoke a lot of food in there! It’s not bulky or ugly, it actually looks really sleek, and it’s very easy to use too, even if you’re new to smoking! Bonus point: it’s crazy inexpensive.
- Prepare the beans. Add the beans to a large bowl, pour in the melted butter, season with salt, and pepper, and toss until evenly coated, then place them on a tray, making sure they’re sitting in an even layer.
- Smoke. Place the tray in the smoker and smoke the green beans until tender, flipping them frequently. I recommend using some tongs (I like these) to help you flip them quicker.
HAPPY SMOKING!! I hope you’ll love this easy Smoked Green Beans Recipe as much as I do!
PS: Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating ⭐️ if you make it! Your comments make my day!! You can also tag me on Instagram @itsdamnspicy 🌈💘
Still Hungry? You may also like:
Smoked Green Beans
- 1 and 1/2 lbs (680 g) fresh green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 stick (110 g) unsalted butter melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the smoker to 275 F.
- Prepare the beans. Add the beans to a large bowl, pour in the melted butter, season with salt, and pepper, and toss until evenly coated, then place them on a tray, making sure they're sitting in an even layer.
- Smoke. Place the tray in the smoker and smoke the green beans until tender (about 2-3 hours depending on the smoker you have), flipping them every 30 minutes. Use a pair of kitchen tongs to make the flipping process quicker.
- Serve topped with minced garlic, freshly cracked pepper, grated Parmesan or red pepper flakes, if desired.
📷 DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! Tag @itsdamnspicy on Instagram and hashtag it #itsdamnspicy