If you’re over basic glazed carrots or carrots in general, you need these Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots in your life! They’re spicy, savory-sweet, and garlicky: they’re seriously packed with flavor! Perfect for the Holidays or a cozy weeknight dinner. Best part? They’re ready in just 20 minutes, no oven required!
Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
Fall is in the air! And of course, ya girl is already focusing on fall/winter/holiday-ish dishes! So today I bring you these Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots: they’re spicy, savory-sweet, and garlicky. Basically, delicious.
If you’re not a big fan of carrots (I’m not) or are simply sick of regular glazed carrots, you kinda have to try these! The carrot flavor is very subtle, and the honey garlic glaze is so good: buttery, garlicky, sweet, salty, and spicy! This side dish truly has it all!
The best part? These are stovetop glazed carrots – YUP, no need to turn on the oven for these babies! They’re ready in 15-20 minutes and are gluten-free and vegan too 🙂
What Do You Need To Make Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots?
- Carrots (baby carrots or purple, white, yellow, or red carrots will work too)
- Butter (or oil for dairy-free)
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper (this can be omitted if you don’t want your carrots to be spicy)
How Do You Make Glazed Carrots?
Start by washing & scrubbing your carrots. You can peel them or use them unpeeled, I personally prefer peeled carrots but you do you. If using unpeeled carrots, scrub them *really* well using baking soda + water and a vegetable scrubbing brush if you own one! Rinse them off, then cut them into even slices so they will cook evenly.
Throw them into a large skillet over medium heat, add the water and let it come to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove the lid (drain off any excess water), add in the butter, garlic, honey, sugar, salt, and spices. Let it come to a boil again, then cook uncovered until the sauce has thickened! So easy, right?!
Can You Reheat Glazed Carrots?
Yes! To reheat glazed carrots, simply add them to a buttered skillet and heat them over medium heat until heated through. Add extra butter or oil if they’re dry!
Or add them to a microwave-safe bowl and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute and then at 30-second intervals until heated through. Avoid overcooking your carrots or they will turn mushy :(.
What To Serve With Glazed Carrots?
- Baked Cajun Popcorn Chicken with Chipotle Mayo
- Hot Honey Oven Fried Chicken With Buttermilk
- Baked Coconut Popcorn Chicken with Creamy Honey Mustard
- The Best Red Bean Burgers
- Spicy Lebanese Potatoes
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
HAPPY COOKING LOVES!! I hope you’ll love these Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots crust as much as I do!
Please leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating if you make it! I LOVE hearing from you! 💘
OH! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE MY:
- Healthy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Potato Churros with Queso Dip
- Fried Zucchini Flowers Italian Recipe
- Oh So Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Spicy Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- 2 lb carrots (baby carrots or white/yellow/red/black carrots work too) washed and peeled or unpeeled
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut the carrots into even slices, then add them to a large pan. Add 2 cups of water. Place the pan over medium-high heat and allow to come to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Simmer the carrots for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain off any excess water.
- Adjust the heat to medium. Add in the butter, honey, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to coat the carrots. Cook until your sauce has thickened (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat. Serve! You can top your glazed carrots with chopped parsley, chives, red pepper flakes (for more heat), or sesame seeds if desired!
Eunice Pinder says
Loved this recipe. Turned out perfect and everyone loved it.
Yay! So happy to hear that, Eunice! Thanks for your review!
Sue Warner says
I made this for Co/Workers (My testers) THEY LOVED IT!!!! I am NOW making this tomorrow for my family for THANKSGIVING!!!! My Co/Workers are pickier then my family so I should be in GREAT shape!!!!!
Happy to hear that everyone loved it, Sue and Happy Thanksgiving to you & family!